Monday, January 31, 2005

Hope and Dreams

Hope and Dreams

Trying to fly to the moon
When the feet are planted
to the ground

Halfway to the eternity of thoughts
When the body lives
in the world of virtue

Standing against
the rising tides of destiny
with mere strength of will

Humans
Small in their nature
Raised as the giants
Of the world

So grandeur,
yet so frail
Hardly soar from the ground
Only to fall
To the deepest abyss

There is no wings to fly with
Only dreams and hopes
to send them to fly away
Dreams are the wings
Hopes are the winds


One of the poetry that I made during my first sem in NUS. I have stopped writing ever since sem 2 begins. It's sem 4, and there's a doubt in my heart, whether I should start writing poetry again. After all, I have lost my "artistic heart", with which I spoke my minds, thougts, and heart with. Maybe I'll start writing again, when I'm in the mood of writing poetry, and not when I was obliged to write one.

On a related note, I think I can start posting some of my poetry here......Some that were never seen before, but by myself and one other person......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...as we get older we're becoming numb... numb in spirit... numb in emotions...

...from you I see... that numbness...

But that is ok... keep writing more of your thoughts... maybe... you're going to be alive again.

-Ookami-

little M said...

ayooo Riccc...
nulis lagiii.. hehe.. kereennn...
*hasil test itu memang benar yah...*
hehehehe
keep it up! (Y)