Friday, March 03, 2006

Flap your wings, and fly away....

Human Wings

A pair of wings
One; the white feathers of angels
Another; the white bones of devils
Attached to a single being:
Myself.

Partly human, and rightfully so
Because the form is human
Partly inhuman, dan rightfully so
Because the form is inhuman

Then what am I?

For the definition of what I am
Is beyond my power to define
What was seen, is what was perceived.
Am I to be persecuted, then?

Different beyond similarity
But only in matter of forms
How would one knows
What was in the heart and the mind?

An angel I am not;
Though I may resemble one
A devil I am not;
Though I may act like one

To be called human
Which one should be followed?
There are no absolutes found in humanity
Yet, why do they pursue it so?

To be absolute angel
Or to be absolute devil
Laughing mockingly, I reflect on myself:

I am a human
For a human have a pair of wings
One; with the white feathers of angels
Another; with the white bones of devils

For humans would need a pair of wings
And not only one, if they want to fly
To heaven or to hell?
At least I have my pair of wings.

3 comments:

ロスト said...

The poem's simply beautiful, and beautifully simple.

In such way, humans are complex because they are capable of being angelic or devilish.

But in turn, humans are not that complex after all. Because all humans tend to have both tendencies.

The truly complex ones are those who are entirely angelic, or entirely devilish. Because they are capable to direct themselves into one side and one side only.

wisdomissupreme said...

what do you call a father that deceived their family?
what do you call a mother that pretend to be blind?

what do you me, who knows things but arent able to do anything

just smile and look at them
pretend to know nothing

chaos_beowulf said...

@ Mangachiko: double post removed ^^

oh, btw:

I would call them human. Human knows fear, and most of the time, we turn away our face from Fear. Be it our fear for ourselves, our Fear of failure.....To fear is to be human.

To turn away our face, and to pretend to be blind, is to be human, and to choose the path of Fear. Yep, we can't do anything, because they have their own life and choices to make, so do we.

What we can do, if we despise such people, is not to choose the same path ourselves when the time to choose do come knockin' upon our door. Can you do it, and face Fear face to face? If you can, good for you. If you can't, well.....you just became the person you come to despise.